Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Running with the Animals

Well, more like running along side them.
I did a 5K at the zoo on Saturday!
My friend Tori had decided that she wanted to do it with her friends and she talked to our friend Mary Ann who signed me up without me knowing.
So I did it and I am grateful that Mary Ann did that for me.
It was a lot of fun but I'm not gonna lie, really hard.
I have been running lately but on flat ground.
The zoo was covered with hills so I ran probably a little more than half of it.
It's not perfect but neither am I
But hopefully soon I can do it, no matter the territory.
You might be looking at a future runner here.
Bring on the next 5K!

After we did the 5K we got to spend the day at the zoo for free.
It has been forever since I have been to a zoo and felt like a little kid.
It was so fun to see all the different animals and interact with some monkeys.
I think at one point during the day all of us wanted to be a zoologist.

The group after the run
The headband I wore kept my motivation up somewhat

We were all in love with the orangutans

We got to interact with these cute guys
They were jumping and running around us...so fun!

We were trying to get this guy to smile
He just stared at us like we were crazy

I love the giraffes

Seeing the flamingos led to this picture...

...doing the flamingo stretch

Seeing the macaws made me think of my sister Nicole
She always wanted one when she was little

These guys were huge
I totally wanted to sit on it but that fence prevented me from doing that

Kanga and her Roos

Our participating shirts
Who doesn't love a tiger on their chest?
Gratitude Rocks!!
- honesty, motivating friends, paying off one of my debts (only one left to pay off), a valentine that brings a smile to my face.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah! you look amazing! I am so proud of you for doing a 5k! I love the zoo and love your fun pictures!

    Ps I am jealous of your tiger shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome! You should come run some races with me....I am doing the Pats run in April :)

    ReplyDelete