Thursday, February 20, 2014

3 Generations In A Car

Right after Christmas Mom, Grandma and I packed up the car and drove to New Mexico to surprise our family for my cousin Cooper's endowment session and farewell talk for his mission. With the help of his sister Jenny we pulled it off wonderfully. Tears were shed and you know that's a good thing when you surprise someone for a special occasion. The best part was that no one knew that Grandma was coming so it was even better! 
The drive was great, hearing Grandma share stories of the past and just being with these 2 wonderful women who raised me was something that I will always remember.

I've got to teach these ladies to tilt their heads down for pictures
Resting at the hotel before dinner.
Grandma was into her book
Mom into her cross stitching. She was trying to finish a baby quilt for Jasper
I just love this woman...so much!
We went and saw Saving Mr Banks before the big surprise.
Such a great movie!
They are getting the head tilt thing down.
Right outside the temple.
3 of my favorite people.  My Aunt Niecy is the bomb!
Guys! There was snow! I froze the entire time and was so happy to be back in the valley of the sun.
This girl does NOT enjoy winter.
Because of the surprise we were a little worried about sleeping arrangements especially since there was other members of the family there but luckily it all worked out. My aunt's neighbor was out of town and left her the keys to their house so we just bunked there for the weekend. Thank you to the people who didn't give us permission, you rock!
Spending time with family that I rarely see was so enjoyable and it's just what the I needed. We did a lot of eating (true Bingham fashion), watched football (true Christensen fashion), played games, and caught up on life.
I love my family and am thankful to be apart of it.

Cooper got a bunch of mexican coke for Christmas and shared one with me.
First coke in at least 10 years. It was good but I don't miss it.
The great Rio Grande

^^^I just love this kid. 
Cooper and I are 14 years apart but we have always had this connection that is hard to explain. I think it's because we have the same sense of sarcastic humor. He always cracks me up. Cooper has always said that he would marry me if we weren't cousins. How cute is that?
I will miss him but he will make the best missionary. I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the AP someday. Reading his letters in the MTC are an inspiration to me and he's an excellent example of  Christlike love.


Got to shoot a crossbow.
A lot of  shooting went on during the Christmas break

Looking on to whomever was shooting next.
Love these boys!

I taught my family "What's in your undies?" and we had a great time.
Laughter is always in the mix when you play games with my Uncle Davis

That temp is just not right! I was so happy to see it climb to 70s.

^^^Funny story
I filled up in Deming and drove home to Safford. I was going 80 mph, did some U-turns, slammed on the brakes cause of dumb drivers. And when we got home mom pointed this out to me. I completely forgot to put the cap back on and by some miracle it stayed there the entire time! I was so shocked and dumbfounded. I had no words. Even grandpa was amazed. Which by the way, we missed him a lot that weekend. We wished he could have joined us but he knew and we knew that he wouldn't be able to go. We were so happy to him!

Such a great road trip and I am so happy that I was there to share with the beginning of Cooper's great 2 years on his mission. He was assigned to Brazil but didn't get his visa in time. He is reassigned to Spokane, Washington for the time being. Love and miss him.

Gratitude Rocks!!
- warm weather (sorry east coast peeps), answered prayers, cherry tomatoes, learning all about softball, Gilbert Temple (such a beaut)

2 comments:

  1. Love your stinking guts! We were so happy you were there that weekend! It is wrong to have favorites but you are definitely all of ours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely gorgeous, seriously - but that's beside the point. :) I loved reading this, I can't believe I didn't see it sooner!! Also, your coolness points went up by 50 because you shot a crossbow. Miss you, woman!!

    ReplyDelete