Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Everyone Else's Idea of Camping

As much as I hate actual camping I did do it.
I have a friend that, if he had the choice, would live in a tent for the rest of his life.
When the weather is right he goes ALL the time.
Each time, he asks me to come along but I never had the chance.
One weekend in May I found an opportunity to go.
Luckily more of my friends were going as well.
Dave and I drove up together cause he was leaving Saturday and I was leaving Sunday with Jakeb.
We got lost and couldn't reach anyone to see where our campsite was.
It was dark and rainy and we were on some curious roads.
I almost thought I would be part of a scary movie and get gutted by mountain men.
Alas, we found Jakeb and his friends.
It was super cold and wet.
The fire was not keeping me warm so I just went to bed and froze all night.
This is why I have camping.
I am cold, wet, tired and dirty. 
Regardless I did have fun.
Me and my friends went on a little hike near the cliffs of our campsite and saw amazing views of the mountains. I am often amazed at the beauty of this earth.
Jakeb who I was supposed to come home with ended up sick and left Saturday as well.
I had no ride and was stranded.
I made a last minute decision and came home with Dave.
However he was taking a detour to Camp Verde to meet his brother and friend to go to a concert.
Luckily it was cheap and no assigned seating.
The concert...Styx.
I had only known 2 songs and Dave is a fan.
On the drive up he shared with me their greatest hits and to watch him sing these songs was highly entertaining. I knew this concert was going to be a treat.
I love it when I am right.
I had a lot of fun with these 3 people and have learned to like Styx.
Overall, it was a fun weekend and I am all set for awhile in the camping department.


Arizona has such beauty

Creepy crawlers

Dave was posing, little did he know I was set to ruin his photo.
Mission accomplished

Ellen and Yours Truly

Dave, Ellen, Yours Truly, Matt and Mary Ann

I just love us :)

Styx!

Yours Truly, Dave, Brian and for the life of me can't remember this cute girls name


Gratitude Rocks!!
- Air Conditioning, a weekend that hasn't happened yet but I know I am already grateful for it, breakfast, reminiscing of the past, a cake that I will actually eat

No comments:

Post a Comment