Monday, July 19, 2010

2 Adult Kids in Cali

About a month ago, I had a dear friend bite the dust.
She got married.
I am super happy for her.
She had a reception in California and I thought why not.
I have nothing else to do.
Plus it gets me to The Happiest Place On Earth.
So I asked my friend Dave to drive with me.
He would be the perfect companion for the drive as well as Disneyland.
Happy Times!!!
Time for the reception;
Great Food.
Dancing.
Cute little girls snapping pictures with my camera.
Then....
Broken camera.
The cute little girls dropped my camera.
A little ticked but oh well, it's done.
Here are a couple of the snap shots taken.
Payton looking sad. She wanted to take some pics. Kylie, the little culprit that broke the camera. Love her!
Ruston and Doug Lansan Dave Yours Truly Now onto Disneyland. Dave and I only attended said park. We did all but 7 rides. We did all the shows; Parade, Firework Show, Fantasmic. The weather was perfect, never did it reach above 80! Since my camera was broken, Dave was a trooper and snapped photos and one lovely video. He just cracks me up. I had the time of my life. The tram on the way to Happiness! Jungle Cruise Being attacked by fake men. Captain EO had returned! It wouldn't be a true Dave photo without a pose.
The classic pose in front of the castle.
Beginning of parade.
They stopped in front of us for about 10 minutes
and sang, danced and even a conga line.
We were having the time of our lives
singing and dancing on the bench.
We were seriously 2 kids.
We may have looked like "special people."
Neither one of us had ridden Dumbo in a long time
so why not.
So at the beginning of the day,
Dave had a challenge that whoever saw someone they knew
the other person had to buy the winner a churro.
Now Dave is an army brat.
He has lived in a lot of places,
hails from Utah.
Surely he would win.
Nope.
I Win!
I see Mr. Wilson, my teacher from JR high.
"Hello, free churro. You are one of the best parts about this place."
On the tram coming back to the car.
Again, not a photo without Dave posing.
We were so tired.
Feet and shins are in pain. However, we had so much fun!
Nice little getaway.
Here is the video that Dave took while riding Autopia.
He makes me smile.

Gratitude Rocks!!

-letters, books, a hat that finally looks good on me, bruises that remind you how much fun you had.

3 comments:

  1. ditto westleymom both of you are a riot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah....ur too cute! Anyway, my blog is not private anymore :) I hope that you are having a great summer and we should catch up when I get back!

    ReplyDelete