Tuesday, July 13, 2010

New Source of Entertainment

Anyone that truly knows me, knows that I hate to read. I get really bored with it and it takes a lot to have a book grab me and suck me into its world. When asked what my favorite book is I actually do have an answer for them.
It is "The Giver."
I was flying to Salt Lake City one summer and had asked Nicole to recommend a book for me to read. She lent me that one and it was read in 2 days! Now anyone who has either read or seen that book, probably did or could read it in a day. But 2 days, that is a feat for me and I must say I am proud of myself.
Well, the reason for this post, while I was in the car driving to Cali (post about that later when I get pics from Dave) Dave and I were talking about what it would be like to live in a day when there was a horse and buggy to get you places,
where you had to grow your food,
hard labor was always a must sometime during your day,
entertainment was not relied on video games and television.
Well that got me thinking about my source of entertainment.
I love TV and movies.
I get so drawn into characters on the tube and just fall in love.
I even watch TV and movies at work.
Don't roll your eyes! I do work people, it's on the side of my screen, geez.
Thinking and knowing that I rely a lot of entertaining me is by the tube kind of makes me sad.
So....
I am turning off "the box" and reading for a week.
I want to fall in love with different characters.
I will have 3 books going.
CRAZY!! especially for a girl who hates the novel.
I will have one at work,
one at home
and one that I will read just before bed.

I am going to go in with a positive attitude and hope that by the end of the week, I will be a lover of books. Mom will so proud.

Gratitude Rocks!!

-Popsicles, hugs, Disneyland, flowers, a slow dance, blessings

3 comments:

  1. I used to hate to read but for the last couple years I love it. I'm starting to read Harry Potter too! You should read the Hunger Games. It's really good. Haven't seen that one by Gerald N. Lund. You'll have to let me know how it is. I just read the Undaunted and it was good. Long but good. We need to have a get together soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud. we can read eat pray love together and discuss.

    ReplyDelete