Monday, June 6, 2011

You Can Call Me...

I have been called a lot of names.
Some have been cruel, some have been funny
and
some have stuck.
4 names come to mind when I think of nicknames.
First is probably the oldest, Sarah Sue
My Grandpa Buckley started this one.
From what I understand he called all his granddaughters
(*insert first name) Sue
I think only mine stuck.
And it carried over to my mom's side of the family,
my Aunt Niecy calls me that all the time.
Second is one that I hated at first but then it grew on me,
Buckwheat
My cousin Clark started this one to bug/pick on me.
It worked for a while but then I didn't care to fight it anymore
It also got carried to Miami and friends started calling me that.
Third one is simply Buckley
I get called that by most of my co-workers.
A guy I work with walks in the door shouting "Buckley!" all the time
I have grown accustomed to it
and have actually started calling Nicole that.
Lastly is Peeps.
This is an interesting story
I will try my best to keep it short
It started when we went to the lake and I dared a friend to cliff jump naked
He did along with another friend
We were on jet skis and I waited around the corner until he was done.
I didn't want to see anything.
I was called over by a guy friend that said they were ready.
Well, they weren't!
I saw both those boys stark naked on top that cliff.
My poor eyes.
Anyways 1 year later we were gathered around a table chatting
That day came up and he learned that I saw him in his birthday suit.
Well after him telling me how "violated" he was 
(*eye roll* like I wanted to see any of that)
He started calling me Peeps.
He spread that to his roommates, friends and ward members
Now everyone knows me as Peeps
Isn't life grand?

Gratitude Rocks!!!
- learning that I don't like Vegas, Amy for being a good roommate, a video of a friend riding a mechanical bull (I cry still watching it)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my Kristin Sue totally stuck. That's all grandma calls me. Infact, when I was little I really thought it was my name!! I wrote it on my school papers and one day my mom asked why and I told her it was my name and then she had to break the news to me that it wasn't. I remember being totally devastated!! I remember telling her that when I was old enough I was goin to legally change it. It's special because it's from Grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that Kristin, that makes me smile that I am not the only one that got that to stick. I love that little memory of ours.

    ReplyDelete