Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My Mountain

Ahg, only two more days till Thanksgiving and I still need to do 3 more posts after this.
I just might do all 3 tomorrow since I am working and I know it will be slow.
So look forward to a lot of goodness.

Back in the end of September Dave wanted to escape the heat and do something that he has never done since he has been in AZ.
I came up with the idea to visit Safford, hike Mt. Graham and do a temple session.
He was all over that since his little goal was to do a session in the temples of AZ.
So we pack up the car for a weekend of happiness.
We did invite others but one by one they all backed out.
So it was just he and I.
Luckily we can be with each other and not feel we have to entertain the other person.
We first stopped in Miami to partake of Burger House.
He thought it was ok.
Clearly he has issues.
We get to Safford and we stay with my Grandparents.
While there he found a picture of me in our huge family photo that was taken forever ago.
The day that I was sick and throwing up between each shot.
Family will know what picture I am talking about.
Anyways, he takes a picture of it (without my knowledge)
and sends it to all my friends.
Thanks Dave!
Yes, I was in my awkward stage back then and have yet to grow out it.
Head to the temple for a session
Such a gorgeous temple.
Afterwards we change to go hiking.
Dad was such a help and told us what would be the best hike that I could do without dying.
The weather was beautiful and the drive up Mt. Graham just brought back so many memories.
I was so happy to be back home.
The hike wasn't too bad, the only thing that was a little sad was the burnt trees from the fire.
Still there is something pretty about burnt trees in the midst of a blue sky and green brush.
He hiked to the towers (also more memories flood back)
and just sat enjoying the view and talked.
I love spending time with that boy.
Too bad he is leaving next month.
The trip was fun and relaxing.
Glad I got be home, see family and be a part of nature.
Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for letting us stay at your house.
Thank you Dad for lending us your map and for suggesting a beautiful hike.
Everyone else missed out.

Looking down on the valley

I think that is pretty

Taking a little break

Even sitting that boy is posing

Where we hiked to




Our only picture together

Gorgeous

We need a picture with map.
That map was so old and I almost had to "get in map"

Gila Valley Temple
Gratitude Rocks!!
- Howard Keel's voice (yum), missionaries, memories, pictures, Thursday's feast, vacations, Kara's heart leaping for joy

No comments:

Post a Comment