Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"We're off to the see the world"

I am still playing catch up.
I hope to be all done with this before Thanksgiving.
That is my ultimate goal.
Well maybe not the ultimate.
I do have bigger goals in my life that have far more importance.

Ever been up in a hot air balloon?
I have and it was thrilling!
My dear friend Brian, Dave's brother, celebrated a birthday and this is what we did.
We got a great deal from groupon and jumped on the band wagon.
We started our event with style viewing the classic cartoon
"The Chipmunk Adventure"
My post title is from a song from the movie :)
I'm happy to have friends that enjoy the same cheesy crap that I do.
The next morning we met with the crew and other passengers.
Watching the balloon get blown up is pretty cool.
It does take awhile and so we all just either took pictures or watched in awe.
Finally we got up in the balloon and off we went.
It was so peaceful and serene
I could have been up there forever.
However I did get vertigo.
I am not afraid of heights and love to do crazy things.
I went sky diving for heavens sake!
So because I got vertigo, I had to sit in the bottom of the basket.
Sad that I missed about 15 min of the ride
but better that than pass out completely.
Landing was a bit fun and wasn't scary out all.
We did freak out though, cause a neighboring balloon had a pretty rough landing.
They fed us breakfast and gave us a traditional Irish toast.
So I definitely recommend going up in a hot air balloon.
And a little tip, don't look straight down too much.
Look at the horizon and you won't get vertigo :)

Yours Truly, Brian and Dave in front of the van that would take us to the take-off area

In front of our balloon


Such a cool sight



Trying to recuperate from vertigo

Charly, Brian, Katie, Yours Truly and Dave
The woman on the side tried to get out the picture but all we got were her boobs
haha. She was a nice lady & celebrating her bday

Getting Brian's free dozen at Krispy Kreme

Celebrating Brian's birthday wasn't over.
We went to Wet 'N Wild for a couple of hours, dinner at Cheesecake Factory that night and to a huge dance at an airport hangar.
This day was filled with 2 wonderful men and met some really great people.
Thank you Brian for letting me crash out your house and for inviting me to celebrate the day of your birth. It was so much fun!!


Birthday Boy
Gratitude Rocks!!
- reassurance that my lesson was good, the fact that my AC is off, wedding receptions (I know, strange), hot chocolate, playing new games, dollar theater movies, FHE

1 comment:

  1. When I saw the blog title I totally sang it in my head! I'm such a nerd but that movie is seriously awesome! I'm glad you got your chipmunk adventure in! Brian's birthday celebrations looked like a blast! I'm glad your lesson went well from the sound of it and i like receptions too! :)

    ReplyDelete