Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Letter

 Telling someone something that I couldn't tell them in person is a little difficult.
So who do I write this to.

Dear H,
You were one of my dearest friends
You brought me flowers for just being a supportive friend to you
You appreciated my friendship and I yours
We practically did everything together
You saw one, you saw the other
I loved every minute of it
One day you told me that you didn't want to be friends cause I wasn't helping you grow spiritually
My heart broke
I went into depression for a while
I lost my best friend for being true to myself
I think one of the reasons that I am a people pleaser is because of you
I have developed a habit of pleasing my friends to keep them happy with me
I rarely think of myself anymore
I kind of resent you for that
We parted ways like you wanted and I finally mended my life
Then I found some news about you that resulted in another broken heart
Why do you keep doing that to me?
How dare you not be the one to tell me
You know me better than that to know I wouldn't think any less of you
And how can you not think that this is not a trial placed on you?
You also know better than that
I love you and always will
But I am a little angry with you for doing what you have done to me
I placed you on a pedestal and you beat that down like a construction worker tearing down a wall
Things will never be the same again and I blame you for that
But I am grateful because I have learned some great lessons from all this experience
So thank you.
Yours Truly

Gratitude Rocks!!!
- pedicures, surprise visit from Holly (love you), a happy stomach, homemade soups

1 comment:

  1. OH SARAH! I love you too! It was fun to see you! Sorry it was a short visit but thank you for bringing such joy in my life! :)

    ReplyDelete